Friday, October 28, 2011

Model Ashley LaCamp- Part I? I hope!

 


 Ashley LaCamp is a 19 year old model who hails from Fort Worth, TX. She has been a professional in the industry for four years, modeling in Dallas, New York and Los Angeles. Working with Page Parkes Managment in Dallas and Clicks Models in New York and LA, Ashely has modeled for various designers on the runway and for print. When Ashely is not in front of the camera, she spends her time playing the ukulele, barrel racing and riding horses. Ashley endeavors to pursue a degree in international business and travel the world.









Hello Everyone! Today I'd like to introduce you to the main model whose face has been gracing the web pages of CAM this week. As you've seen from her bio, Ashely LaCamp is only 19 years old, however, because of the way she carries herself and her professionalism, she had me fooled! On set we briefly discussed that it's the industry that makes one this way, and I imagine that in order to be taken seriously, well, then you must have to act more on the serious side. Through my own dabbling in modeling, I know that it's not all the glamour and simple work some think it to be. After watching Ashley at work, I have an even greater respect and understanding of all that is involved. I won't get into it too much now because I am hoping that Ashley will be interested in doing a follow up interview on the world of modeling soon. This interview is a great introduction to Ashley's world and how she got into the modeling industry. Enjoy!

Interview with Model Ashley LaCamp


What is it that inspired you to be a model? and/or Who encouraged and inspired you?

My dad was the one who started everything. I was really into rodeo when I started modeling, but my dad encouraged me to work harder for it (modeling).


Growing up, was this what you imagined you would be doing? What did you dream you'd be doing at this point of your life?

Growing up I wanted to own and manage a barn. I wanted to train horses and breed them. When I was younger modeling wasn’t even an idea in my head. I never really knew that much about it until my dad mentioned it to me.




I've heard some say that modeling is not an art. Do you agree or disagree? Why? If you disagree, please educate the audience on why it is an art. This is an argument I've had w a friend of mine for years, I will fill you in on the details later.

Modeling is definitely an art! Telling stories through pictures, conveying the designers image, and using models to show makeup/hair. Its all an art when you put it all together!




Your bio mentions that on your free time you like to play the ukele and go barrel racing. Can you tell those of us who do not know (eh hem) what they are?

The ukulele is like a small guitar, except it has four strings instead of six strings. A lot of people in Hawaii play them. I just randomly bought one last April and taught myself how to play on YouTube!

Barrel racing is a rodeo event. There are three barrels set up in a triangle in an arena and we run around the barrels as fast as we can in a cloverleaf pattern. Ive been doing that since I was seven and still do it when I'm in Texas!



Here are some of my favorite photos of Ashley, she is stunning!



The above photo is my favorite! It looks like it was taken in the 60's and 70's, and if you don't know by now from my other blogs, I love vintage!


Thank you so much for reading this series of articles of Circle of Art Movement and we hope to see you all again when it's time to present the next project. Below is Ashely LaCamp's contact information for serious professional inquiries only please and we'd be grateful if those who have a Facebook account would "like" Circle of Art Movement's fanpage.

*Sorry for the inconvenience (and what it does to the aesthetics of  this page, ugh!) but for some reason there is a large gap before Ashley's contact info that doesn't show up in my editing and I have not been able to eliminate. But as they say, the show must go on! ;)  Please scroll down.




















Twitter: @Ashley_LaCamp
Email: Ashley.LaCamp@gmail.com
Agencies: Page Parkes Management (Dallas) and Click Management (NY & LA)

No comments:

Post a Comment